No matter where you have been, evidence-based therapies are flexible, valuable, and focus on changing now.
Let's understand and build a positive, empowered future that invites joy and meaning in your life. Whether you have experienced trauma, discrimination, burnout, infidelity, or just a slow feeling of not having the same effectiveness and energy in your daily life and relationships-- we can work together to promote healing, and self-confidence.
Telehealth enables individuals and couples around the world to engage in valuable coaching. You can improve important aspects of your life like your well-being, work-life balance, motivation, inspiration, sexual health, and relationship satisfaction all from the comfort of your own home. I offer coaching services using behavioral analyses, motivational interventions, psychoeducation, mindfulness practices, narrative techniques, and more. Making time to focus on your well-being is important for all facets of life. We will address concerns related to past experiences that have affected your sense of dignity and worthiness. We will explore the impact of 'shoulds,' guilt, and shame on your work-life balance, motivation, and creativity.
Coaching is not psychotherapy. If therapists are surgeons, coaches are your personal trainer. Coaching is a thought provoking and creative process that inspires you to maximize your personal and/or professional potential. Coaching focuses on setting goals, creating outcomes, and managing personal change. This is a transformative process for personal/professional awareness, self-discovery and growth. If you are having difficulties, a coach may be able to help you clear up how you think about the situation, untangle confusing interactions with others, get some perspective on what is going on and how it impacts you, set inspiring new goals and creating new outcomes.
In individual coaching, as well as relationship coaching, if there are significant difficulties with mental illness, therapy or couples therapy would be recommended. Ultimately, coaching feels less intensive and rarely requires you to re-tell trauma. Coaching can help you find peace, balance, and well-being in places you may have been feeling stuck or unmotivated. Additionally, I am a relationship expert and employ relationship coaching techniques to promote change, communication, and understanding in less distressed clients looking for relationship changes and insights in a coaching rather than therapeutic format.
Relationship Coaching is not couples therapy, but it can help you untangle what is going on for you in your relationship. Relationship coaching is a life coaching specialization that helps people find greater fulfillment in their personal relationships. A relationship coach can help you set relationship goals, understand your current interactions, thrive inside your relationship(s), grieve, or take your long-term romance to the next level. You can attend individually, with your partner(s), or in some combination. Together we dive right in using practical information and sophisticated interpretation to facilitate fast results, growth, and resilient changes after just hours of coaching.
Coaching packages are tailored to each individual or couple's unique sexual and emotional styles and concerns. We will identify goals and the obstacles in the way of obtaining those goals. Honest, informed feedback can be life-changing, especially when so many people are unwilling or uncomfortable speaking (and listening) about difficult and deeply personal topics. My personal style can be brutally honest and direct while also being enlightening, reassuring, nonjudgmental, validating, and even humorous and comfortable. Coaching is focused, and elegantly efficient at, tackling difficult topics and persistent communication difficulties head-on.
See: Relational Therapy
Couples Coaching Client, June 2022
Examples of Relationship Coaching Topics:
- Facilitation of honest dialogue regarding life goals, desires, sexual fantasies, interests, and expectations
- Communication difficulties and invisible expectations-- Do you feel like you keep having the same fight over and over again?
- Learning to give each other the benefit of the doubt again
- Changing the relationship 'dance' that you feel stuck in
- Cope with outside stress together (i.e., money, kids, health, in-laws, jobs, moving). Feeling overwhelmed alone but together?
- Discuss your different priorities, change in life-goals, and re-kindle mutual respect
- Talk about difficult topics related to core values (i.e., money, saving, parenting, communication, chores, control, being taken for granted)
- Reduce boredom! It happens... especially during a pandemic
- Have fun talking about attraction and be playful again!
- Premarital coaching to assess sexual compatibility and/or general compatibility
- Learn not to take each other for granted / Learn to appreciate each other again
- Navigating individual and/or relational aspects of sexual identity (gender, orientation, and intention)
- Help with negative interaction styles and evidence-based methods to increase positive regard and goodwill
- Established relationship coaching to decide whether to break up or stay together after an affair or life transitions
- Conflict around discrepancy in sexual desire, sexual interests, proclivities, kinks, fetishes
- Education around sexual techniques, introduction of toys, variety, role-playing, BDSM, etc.
- Guidance around how to effectively (and creatively) cope with sexual dysfunction due to chronic illness, aging, disability, medication side effects, surgery, etc.
Additional Sex Coaching Topics Can Be:
♥ Helping a client create or strengthen boundaries in their intimate relationships
♥ Encouraging clients to develop the language they need to improve their erotic life
♥ Assigning home play to enable a client to expand their erotic menu
♥ Teaching clients how to accept responsibility in the changes they want to make in their erotic lives
♥ Supporting clients in attaining their desires, whether that is an orgasm, a more dependable erection, a higher libido, an expanded monogamy contract, or growth after a break-up
♥ Guiding men on lowering their performance anxiety in intimate relationships
♥ Instructing women on exercises to increase their libidos
♥ Teaching clients about sexuality and developing skills of awareness
♥ Enabling clients to make important decisions about their intimate relationships
♥ Collaborating with clients on reaching their erotic goals
♥ Building better esteem around body image (their own and other's)
♥ Enabling clients to make better relationships decisions based on their stated goals for the future...